This is a ridiculously easy recipe created by my amazing husband! Thanks, Hubs :*
Serving size: 2 individual pizzas
Prep time: 10-20 min
Total time: 30 minutes or less
2 pieces Naan bread (generally naan comes in a 250g 2 pack)
¼-½ cup Indian inspired curry sauce (you can purchase a variety of sauces at Target)
¼-½ Bell pepper (or any veggies you like)
5 oz Chicken (we used pre-cooked grilled chicken strips)
½-¾ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Spread curry sauce onto center of naan bread, moving outward from the center.
- Sprinkle on cheese, covering the curry sauce
- Chop bell pepper and cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Add peppers and chicken onto both pizzas to taste
- Bake at 250F for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted
That’s it! This can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be. It’s one of our go-to easy weeknight meals, and we use pre-made naan, sauce, and even pre-cooked chicken. However, if you have a fantastic curry recipe, try it out with this pizza. If you want to throw some chicken on the grill, save a few pieces for the pizza. Our recipe calls for a bell pepper, but when we made the pizza last night, we found we’d run out of bell peppers, so we just threw on some of whatever vegetables we had in the house. It worked pretty well, but I think bell peppers work best. Other suggestions for additions are: onions, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms.
Did you like this recipe? Did you make any changes? Tell me about it in the comments below!
If you liked this post, share via Facebook or Twitter and follow me here on WordPress for more great content like this!
I’m not a fan of a drawn-out explanation before getting to the recipe. So, without further adieu….
Vegetarian Mexican Pizza
Recipe makes one 10-12” pizza
1 Pizza Crust (I used Boboli thin crust, which is pre-made, pre-baked pizza crust)
1 can black beans
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp cayenne
1 bell pepper (any color)
1 small tomato
1 jalapeño (you can add more or less to taste)
1 handful of corn
Mexican cheese blend
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 500°F
- While oven is warming up, cook one can of black beans
- Seed and dice tomato, jalapeño(s), and bell pepper
- Once beans are cooked, mash them and combine with cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Make sure the consistency is spreadable, you may need to add some water (I used the water I cooked the beans in).
- Remove stone from oven and place crust on stone
- Working quickly, spread bean mixture on crust (this is your pizza sauce), add cheese to taste, veggies (tomato, jalapeño, bell pepper, and corn), and parsley to taste. Sprinkle with salt to bring flavors together. You will probably have more vegetables than you need. The leftovers make a nice salsa!
- Place pizza in oven for 2-5 minutes. Keep a close eye on it and remove when the cheese begins to melt.
My husband and I have made this pizza together a few times. It’s a modification of this recipe. We had a lot of fun making it, and it was delicious. In the picture above you can see I used a red bell pepper. I’ve also made this pizza with a mix of red and orange peppers, and it worked well. Any mix of bell peppers should be sufficient.
You might enjoy making your own crust, in which case you should bake your crust, then follow the directions with the pre-baked crust. We used a store-bought, pre made, pre-baked crust because I’m not about that bread baking life.
It’s a delicious, different pizza that is 100% vegetarian, though thoroughly enjoyed by my meat-eating family. It still packs protein because the sauce is black bean based!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Did you make any modifications? Tell me about it in the comments below! Share with friends via Facebook and follow my blog for more recipes like this.