Female doctors can be feminists and female homemakers can be feminists. Women are (huge shocker here…) not all the same! Different women are fulfilled and empowered by different things. Some women prioritize their children and home life. She’s a feminist! Some women prioritize their career and personal goals. She’s a feminist! What’s not feminist is judging other women for the way the live their lives and feel the most fulfilled, satisfied, and empowered. Keep on supporting one another and what we can achieve is endless!
I love seeing women supporting other women. It’s so inspiring. I hate seeing anyone tell women what makes or doesn’t make a “real” woman. A “real” woman is a person who identifies themselves as a female. Period. End of story.
- Cyndi Lauper almost had it right
- Maya Angelou knew what was up
- Adult Wednesday Addams shutting down catcallers is so damn relatable
- We’re prepared to stab patriarchy in the heart, Buffy the Vampire Slayer style
- Everyone deserves basic human decency and respect
- Leslie Knope loved to empower young women and (spoiler alert!) young men, too. Because equality is for everyone.
- Speaking of Leslie Knope and equality…
- Because she embodied the idea that…
- Belle might not have actually said this, but she totally would’ve, right?
- Remember, you are amazing!
- Whenever someone tells you you can’t do something because you’re a girl…
- And finally, we must uplift each other, and that definitely includes our littlest feminists (girls AND boys!)
Did you enjoy this post? What are some of your favorite feminist photos? Share them with me in the comments. Share this post via Facebook or Twitter and, as always, follow me here on WordPress for more GREAT content like this!
Hermione Granger is an amazing character. She is kind, brave, smart, independent, loyal, clever, vulnerable, hard-working, and is always willing to stand up for what she believes in. The following are just a few of my favorite Hermione Granger quotes.
10. “Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn’t mean no one else has spotted I’m a girl!” Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire p.400
Hermione likes Ron, but she’s not willing to let him be a jerk. Sometimes he was downright clueless. Instead of waiting for him to figure out what he wanted, she went out and lived her life.
9. “Are you planning to follow a career in Magical Law, Miss Granger?” asked Scrimgeour (Minister of Magic).
“No, I’m not. I’m hoping to do some good in the world!” Hermione
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows p.123-124
When speaking to the most powerful wizard in Britain, Hermione shows nothing but sass. That takes some serious lady balls!
8.“Harry, you’re a great wizard, you know” Hermione
“I’m not as good as you.” Harry
“Me! Books! And cleverness! There are more important things– friendship and bravery and– oh Harry, be careful!” Hermione
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, p.287
While she is often seen as a know-it-all, Hermione is truly quite humble. Here we see how much she admires Harry, and recognizes (at 12 years old, I might point out) that the things she is good at are not the only things worth being good at.
7. “Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.” Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix p.459
Harry and Ron spend much of the later books perplexed by the opposite sex. Hermione acts as translator for the boys, and often gets frustrated with their dense responses. This quote is mostly here because it makes me laugh.
6. “We’ll go with you wherever you’re going.” Ron
“You said to us once before that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We’ve had time, haven’t we?” Hermione
“We’re with you whatever happens.” Ron
Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince p. 651
This one is a combo Hermione/Ron quote. It made the list because it demonstrates their unwavering loyalty to Harry and the cause the Order fights for. This is the time when they agree to drop out of school and join Harry on his journey to destroy the Horcruxes. Hermione, who loves school, who values her education and the pursuit of knowledge doesn’t hesitate to agree to leave Hogwarts to travel with Harry and Ron.
5.“And just look at these books! …Harry, this is wonderful, there’s everything we need here!” Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix p.390
Books=Happiness in Hermione’s mind (and mine). She sees a room full of books as the answer to all of her problems, all she has to do is read.
4. “Well, if you two are going to chicken out, fine. I don’t want to break the rules, you know. I think threatening Muggle-Borns is far worse than brewing up a difficult potion.” Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets p.165
Hermione is a rule-follower by nature. Attending Hogwarts means everything to her, but she’s willing to risk expulsion if it means solving the puzzle they’re facing and stopping the prejudiced attacks on Muggle-Born students.
3.“The way they were treating her! Mr. Diggory, calling her ‘elf’ all the time… and Mr. Crouch! He knows she didn’t do it and he’s still going to sack her! He didn’t care how frightened she’d been or how upset she was — it was like she wasn’t even human!” Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire p.139
One of Hermione’s most admirable qualities is her fearless pursuit of justice for everyone in the magical community. Perhaps influenced by being a Muggle-Born and a bit of an outsider, Hermione always stands up for the underdog, to whomever is challenging their rights. Her outrage at the treatment of House elves is brushed off by her best friends, but she relentlessly pursues her goals of freeing the enslaved race of magical creatures.
2. “I hope you’re pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed– or worse, expelled.” Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, p.162
Hermione always has her priorities in order. She knows what she wants and refuses to let anyone get in the way.
“I mean, you could claim that anything’s real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody’s proved it doesn’t exist!” Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows p.411
If I was to pick a single quote from the whole series that sums up Hermione, it would be this one. She’s skeptical, thorough in researching whatever her latest project is, and refuses to settle for less than the absolute truth.
Do you agree with my choices? What are some of your favorite book quotes? Share them in the comments below. Did you like this post? Share via Facebook or Twitter and as always, follow me here on WordPress for more GREAT content like this!
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling