Fudge is a delicious treat, perfect for the holidays. But it is also so so easy to make. Are you imagining Grandma slaving over a hot double boiler for hours, wiping sweat from her brow as she furiously stirs hot, bubbly butter and sugar? Forget all that, you can make fudge in your microwave with 3 ingredients! Y’all can make this in your dorm room.
Classic fudge: 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
Combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30s intervals until melted. Stir in vanilla extract. Transfer to a parchment paper lined brownie pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Peppermint fudge: 2 cups white chocolate chips, 1 tsp peppermint extract, 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
Combine white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30s intervals until melted. Stir in peppermint extract. Optional: swirl in red food coloring to make a peppermint effect. Transfer to a parchment paper lined brownie pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge:
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 10oz bag of peanut butter chips
4oz mini chocolate chips
1tsp vanilla extract
1 bag Reese’s pieces
Combine peanut butter chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30s intervals until melted. Stir in vanilla extract. Swirl in chocolate chips to create marble effect. Stir in about half of the Reese’s pieces. Transfer to a parchment paper lined brownie pan. Press remaining Reese’s pieces on top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
11 oz sweetened condensed milk
12 oz white chocolate chips
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
Cinnamon sugar mix
Combine white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30s intervals until melted. Stir in vanilla extract and cinnamon. Transfer to a parchment paper lined brownie pan. Refrigerate until firm. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top until coated. Gently pat down with a spoon. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Irish cream fudge
21 oz milk chocolate chips
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Andes baking chips
Combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30s intervals until melted. Stir in irish cream and vanilla extract. Transfer to a parchment paper lined brownie pan. Add baking chips on top and press in slightly. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Which recipe is your favorite? Did you make it in your dorm? Tell me how it went in the comments below! Share this post via Facebook or Twitter and, as always, follow me here in WordPress for more GREAT content like this!
Classic fudge photo: http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/old-fashioned-chocolate-fudge
And inspiration: https://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/3-minute-fudge/
Peppermint Fudge photo: https://kirbiecravings.com/2014/12/microwave-peppermint-candy-cane-fudge.html
Irish cream fudge photo and inspiration: https://www.wineandglue.com/baileys-fudge/
Reese’s fudge inspiration: https://butterwithasideofbread.com/3-ingredient-reeses-fudge/
Snickerdoodle fudge inspiration: https://www.iheartnaptime.net/snickerdoodle-fudge/
Who wants to read a lengthy introduction to a recipe? Let’s get cooking!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
¾ cup of cranberry-grape juice
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp chili powder
Salt to taste
3 frozen chicken breasts
½-1 bell pepper
1-1 ½ cups of rice
Shredded or sliced cheese to taste
- In a 7x11in (17.5x28cm) glass, oven-safe dish, combine juice, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and salt
- Add frozen chicken breasts (all roughly the same size)
- Bake at 375°F/190°C for 30 minutes
- Remove pan and flip chicken
- Return to 375°F/190°C oven for 20 minutes
- Dice bell pepper. Slice or shred your cheese of choice (I used sharp cheddar). Cook rice according to package directions.
- Remove pan. Add bell pepper and cheese to taste. Cut chicken to check that it is thoroughly cooked. (For best results use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature is at least 165°F/75°C.)
- Return to 375°F/190°C oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove and serve over rice. Use the remaining juices in the pan as a sauce.
One day I was home alone for dinner. I wanted something easy I could just stick in the oven and forget about, but that wasn’t boring or pre-made. Thus, the sweet baked chicken was born.
We didn’t have any wine, so I subbed in juice, not really following a recipe. I grabbed some spices that seemed to go together, threw it all together and shrugged to myself, thinking it couldn’t be that bad. About an hour later I was enjoying a delicious mildly sweet chicken dish and kicking myself for not writing anything down.
Fast forward to this past week, when I tried to recall everything I’d added to my dish and how much I needed so that I could make this thing again. When I figured it out, I knew I had to share the dish with my readers. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? Did you try this recipe? Tell me about it in the comments and share this post via Facebook or Twitter. And, as always, follow me here on WordPress for more GREAT content like this.
This is a ridiculously easy recipe created by my amazing husband! Thanks, Hubs :*
Serving size: 2 individual pizzas
Prep time: 10-20 min
Total time: 30 minutes or less
2 pieces Naan bread (generally naan comes in a 250g 2 pack)
¼-½ cup Indian inspired curry sauce (you can purchase a variety of sauces at Target)
¼-½ Bell pepper (or any veggies you like)
5 oz Chicken (we used pre-cooked grilled chicken strips)
½-¾ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Spread curry sauce onto center of naan bread, moving outward from the center.
- Sprinkle on cheese, covering the curry sauce
- Chop bell pepper and cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Add peppers and chicken onto both pizzas to taste
- Bake at 250F for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted
That’s it! This can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be. It’s one of our go-to easy weeknight meals, and we use pre-made naan, sauce, and even pre-cooked chicken. However, if you have a fantastic curry recipe, try it out with this pizza. If you want to throw some chicken on the grill, save a few pieces for the pizza. Our recipe calls for a bell pepper, but when we made the pizza last night, we found we’d run out of bell peppers, so we just threw on some of whatever vegetables we had in the house. It worked pretty well, but I think bell peppers work best. Other suggestions for additions are: onions, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms.
Did you like this recipe? Did you make any changes? Tell me about it in the comments below!
If you liked this post, share via Facebook or Twitter and follow me here on WordPress for more great content like this!
I’m not a fan of a drawn-out explanation before getting to the recipe. So, without further adieu….
Vegetarian Mexican Pizza
Recipe makes one 10-12” pizza
1 Pizza Crust (I used Boboli thin crust, which is pre-made, pre-baked pizza crust)
1 can black beans
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp cayenne
1 bell pepper (any color)
1 small tomato
1 jalapeño (you can add more or less to taste)
1 handful of corn
Mexican cheese blend
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 500°F
- While oven is warming up, cook one can of black beans
- Seed and dice tomato, jalapeño(s), and bell pepper
- Once beans are cooked, mash them and combine with cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Make sure the consistency is spreadable, you may need to add some water (I used the water I cooked the beans in).
- Remove stone from oven and place crust on stone
- Working quickly, spread bean mixture on crust (this is your pizza sauce), add cheese to taste, veggies (tomato, jalapeño, bell pepper, and corn), and parsley to taste. Sprinkle with salt to bring flavors together. You will probably have more vegetables than you need. The leftovers make a nice salsa!
- Place pizza in oven for 2-5 minutes. Keep a close eye on it and remove when the cheese begins to melt.
My husband and I have made this pizza together a few times. It’s a modification of this recipe. We had a lot of fun making it, and it was delicious. In the picture above you can see I used a red bell pepper. I’ve also made this pizza with a mix of red and orange peppers, and it worked well. Any mix of bell peppers should be sufficient.
You might enjoy making your own crust, in which case you should bake your crust, then follow the directions with the pre-baked crust. We used a store-bought, pre made, pre-baked crust because I’m not about that bread baking life.
It’s a delicious, different pizza that is 100% vegetarian, though thoroughly enjoyed by my meat-eating family. It still packs protein because the sauce is black bean based!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Did you make any modifications? Tell me about it in the comments below! Share with friends via Facebook and follow my blog for more recipes like this.