Your favorite book lover already has a million books they haven’t even read. So what do you get them for a holiday gift? Check out my list below for bookworm-themed gifts under $20!
- Go Away, I’m Reading sign
This sign is to-the-point and on point for any book lover. It’s a perfect decoration for any home library or young reader’s bedroom.
Average rating: 4.5 stars
5 star review from A Bucket of Corn:
“Awesome sitting on my shelf, right next to all my favorite books. A great product. This item would make a great gift for anyone who loves to read.”
- Harry Potter Earring Set
This adorable earring set comes with 6 pairs of Harry Potter-themed stud earrings. They’re a perfect gift for your favorite Potterhead, while also being friendly to your wallet.
Average rating: 4.7 stars
Check out this 5 star review from SMB:
“These are adorable and comfortable to wear for ANY Harry Potter fan! I ALWAYS get compliments at work from adults and students alike! So very glad I bought these!”
- Book shaped cake pan
Your baking bookworm bud will adore this open-book shaped baking pan. It’s perfect for parties and events or just a fun Saturday at home.
Average rating: 4.2 stars
5 star review from Rhonda:
“I was very pleased with this pan, cooked evenly and cake came out great. The pan is sturdy and performed well, just have no complaints.”
- I’m Not Addicted to Reading…I can quit as soon as I finish this book mug
This adorably clever mug will please any coffee drinking reader. Imagine yourself sitting on the couch on a rainy day with a good book and a clever mug full of steaming coffee or tea. This is the perfect mug!
Average rating: 4.8 stars
5 star review from Gail:
“Cup is fun and very nicely made, with clear print and bright colors. Came quickly, too”
- Kitty and Books necklace
Bibliophiles will love this sleepy kitty in a library on a pendant.
Average rating: 5.0 stars
5 star review from an Amazon user:
“Cute cat and books!”
- Dr. Seuss quote wall decal
So this one is aimed at children, but I adore the quote, as it’s totally relatable for adults too.
Average rating: 4.6 stars
5 star review from Amazon user:
“Perfect for my storytime room.”
- Bookmark? You Mean Quitter Strip? T-shirt
Comes in 5 colors and Men’s, Women’s, and Children’s sizes. I believe I have a couple of dear friends who could rock this geeky Tee.
Average rating: 5.0 stars
5 star review from kbill:
“My daughter is very sarcastic and loves to read so this is perfect for her. She smiles every time she wears it and loves to see people’s reaction to it.”
- Mix young adult symbols necklace
Young adult novel fans, this one’s for you! It combines the symbols from The Mortal Instruments, Hunger Games, Divergent, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter.
Average rating: 5.0 stars
5 star review from Melissa:
“My daughter just loves her necklace!”
- Just one more chapter pillowcase
Curl up with this book-themed pillowcase on your favorite pillow! It’s a great addition to any book nook.
Average rating: 4.7 stars
5 star review from EM:
“I bought this pillow cover as a gift to my sister who loves to read. The material is good quality, the words clearly printed and my sister loved it.”
- Lumos/Nox light switch decal
So simple, but so clever. This Harry Potter-inspired decal will make you feel like a wizard, even when you have to turn off the lights the muggle way.
Average rating: 4.3 stars
5 star review by George:
“Looks great and stays on well even as we brush our hands to flick the switch. I was afraid they would peal off but they are stuck on well.”
Did you enjoy this list? What would you add to it? Let me know in the comments below! Share this post via Facebook or Twitter and, as always, follow me here on WordPress for more GREAT content like this!
Disclaimer: if you follow the Amazon links in the body of this post and make purchases through them, I will receive a small compensation from Amazon. This compensation comes from Amazon, not from you, and the price you see through my links is the same as the price you would see otherwise.
Dads are so difficult to shop for! What do you get the man that has everything? Below are 7 DIY gift ideas to make father’s day special for your dad (Or stepdad. Or grandfather, uncle, father-in-law, mentor, or whomever.).
- Coffee bean soap
Is your dad a big coffee drinker? He’ll love this DIY coffee bean soap! Find the instructions here.
- Gift in a jar: Cleans up well
My grandfather loved his “shaving kit” a few Christmases back. To a mason jar I added a razor, homemade sugar scrub (“Manly Hand Scrub”), nail clippers, lip balm, and moisturizer. Add in cute labels and it’s a sweet, simple gift. You could also add a mini cologne, rosemary mint shaving cream, homemade hair pomade, or anything that can fit in the jar! (Find the original “Cleans up Well” gift in a jar post, instructions here.)
- Grill Kit
Does your dad love to host cookouts in the summer? Put together everything he’ll need for the perfect barbecue.
- Scrabble coasters
These are cute, simple, and easy to personalize! Find the instructions here.
- Gift in a jar: Energy Boost
Put together a little energy boost for Pop in a cute mason jar! I recommend adding:
(Find the original “Energy in a Jar” post that inspired this here.)
- Wine and glass holder
Build this classy wine bottle and glasses holder with a few materials and a little hard work!
- Loves to Cook Kit
My dad is the best cook in my family. He loves to experiment in the kitchen (USUALLY to great success.) Put together a gift basket with:
Continue reading “DIY Gifts for Dad”
Mother’s Day is on May 14th this year, so it’s time to start thinking about what to do for your mom, or the special women in your life. Whether you’re totally broke or have a little cash, crafty or can’t sew on a button, see your mom every day or live halfway around the world, here are 10 ideas for you to show your mom you care.
- Season 1 of her favorite old show on DVD (For example, my mom loved the Mary Tyler Moore Show. It’s not on Netflix, and I know she’d like to re-watch it. It’s $9.99 on Amazon)
- A personalized etched wine glass. The etching cream comes with instructions, but get creative! Use stencils to add your mom’s initials, “mom” or a design. $7 for cream on Amazon + dollar store glasses set of 4 $4 + stencils $5 for basics on Amazon = $16. If your mom isn’t a wine drinker, try shot glasses, a flower vase, or any sturdy glass.
- Recreate a photograph from your childhood. Ask another family member to help you dig through old family photos. Find a picture of you or you and your siblings. Get the sibs together and recreate it! Try to match the setting, your clothes, every element you can. Make a copy of the original and get a print of the recreation. Dollar store frames + photo printing <$5
- Customized DIY tile photo coasters. This is one for my crafty readers! Find the instructions here. You’ll need 4×4 tiles, 4×4 photos, Mod Podge, a foam brush, felt, ribbon, clear spray sealant, and a hot glue gun. If you aren’t crafty this project might run you more than $20. However, if you already have the craft supplies on hand, all you’ll need to purchase are the tiles and photo prints.
- A handmade craft from Etsy. There are some beautiful handmade earrings and necklaces for less than $20. Often they’re made-to-order and customizable!
- Engraved jewelry. Find a simple piece of jewelry and customize it with an engraving. You can engrave your mom’s initials, your parents’ anniversary, or something special to you and your mom. $10.17 for engraver + $9 for jewelry from Target or Walmart.
- Something you can do together. This can be something free like a picnic or inexpensive like a matinee movie, local winery tour or theater production. Pick something you and your mom will both enjoy.
- A $20 bottle of wine or spirits she wouldn’t buy herself. My mom loves wine. However, she usually sticks to $10 or less grocery store bottles. A $20 bottle of wine is something I know she would enjoy, but isn’t something she’d normally spend that much on.
- A book and its movie adaptation. You can find a list of movies based on books by BuzzFeed here. I personally enjoyed both the book and movie adaptation of The Help. You can find the DVD for $7.99 and the book for $9.59 on Amazon.
- A mini body wash, lotion, and body spray set in her favorite Bath and Body Works scent. These minis are awesome for traveling, and the lotion and body spray are perfect to throw in your purse. (3 for $12.50)
Please note that I made this post with my own mother, grandmother, and aunts in mind. I hope that this will help you to have ideas for inexpensive, but still personal gifts for the important women in your life this Mother’s Day.
Disclaimer: if you follow the Amazon links in the body of this post and make purchases through them, I will receive a small compensation from Amazon. This compensation comes from Amazon, not from you, and the price you see through my links is the same as the price you would see otherwise. However I have no association with Etsy, Bath & Body Works, Buzzfeed, or any other sites linked above. In an attempt to bring you the best content, I linked to the sites that I felt were the most relevant, compensation notwithstanding.
Did you like this post? What are your Mother’s Day gift ideas? Comment your ideas below, share this post on Facebook, and follow my blog for more content like this!